Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day (Weekend)!



Mother's Day turned into Mother's Day weekend. Friday night we went bowling at North Bowl. That was so much fun, but Michael kept smacking my butt right before I would bowl as if we were on a team and he was rooting for me to do well. That was Mia's first time and she got such a kick out of giving high fives and whooping it up after she would knock down a pin, of course with help. After bowling we had dinner at Rustica in Northern Liberties. Great pizza! Saturday, we did our normal shopping at Reading Terminal and hurried home so the kids could take a good nap before church. Yes, church on Saturday evening. That means that I don't have to get up on Sunday at 6:00am to get the kids ready and out the door by 7:45am because Phil is scheduled to read. YIPPEE! So, after church we went to Carrabas for dinner. Then we went to Wegmans. Why not? We were driving by at 9:30pm and said what the heck. The kids were wide awake and content. Let's do it! Sunday morning arrives and Phil is running out the door. I cook pancakes and sausage, although Phil had already prepared both items. We watched a few prerecorded shows on DVR and just hung out. No one got dressed and no one cared! Just what I needed. Michael made some flowers and a card for me at school. He did a wonderful job. Next year may be the year when I tell Phil that I want to be alone. Maybe not, we'll see. Hope everyone else had a Happy Mother's Day also!

2 comments:

Lalaine said...

bloghopping here.. You've got a beautiful family,:)

Caren said...

Sounds like a great day Kirra! Michael's writing on your card looks fantastic. Our boys are so different and excel in such different things. ha! Both brilliant in their own ways of course.