Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bumbo Chair July 13, 2008

I heard about this crazy Bumbo chair years ago, but I didn't see the point to it. Well, this is one baby product that has changed my mind. I had been sitting on a gift certificate that we received when Veronica was born. I had been plotting on a new diaper bag, but when I went to Babies R'Us it wasn't there. So of course I had to see what new products had been released since Mia was born. There was this mountain of Bumbo chairs. Nothing new, but I took a closer look at it. Reading the details on the box made me seriously consider purchasing the chair. It adverstises that a baby can sit up in this chair unassisted. Veronica really likes to be upright, so I thought it would be perfect for her. Well, I got the chair home..sat her in it, fed her cereal in it and she just hung out for a little while. But the true test came when I went to get my hair braided. That is a four hour process and Veronica spent one hour sitting in this chair watching Baby Beethoven on the portable DVD player. I was totally sold. I went on and threw the receipt away because this chair was not going back to the store. This could be my new baby shower gift! Who' s next to get pregnant!

2 comments:

Caren said...

We had a Bumbo! My guy LOVED that thing. We got some strange looks and questions when we used it because it was pretty new on the market at the time but boy was it a great purchase! Glad you like yours too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry but I won't be a recipient of your new baby shower gift (not on purpose anyway - haha) but Veronica sure looks darn cute in hers!