Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mia Turns 2! June 22, 2008



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIA!
Mia had a wonderful time at her birthday party. It was very easy for me to pick a theme for her. Mia is a huge fan of Dora the Explorer. I can only go for one episode at a time, but you gotta go with what they like. You should hear her sing the theme song. I can't even guess what the theme will be next year. Mia had a professional styling session with a friend who owns a clothing store. She tried on three dresses, but this one was the cutest and we could tell that she liked it also. There is a matching hat to set the whole outfit off. I made the cake. Your basic yellow with white chocolate buttercream. All the little hands kept reaching before we sang "Happy Birthday!" I also made her a birthday shirt because I was so determined to not ruin that dress with buttercream. Mia feeds herself well, but when it comes to cake, she likes to just pick it up with her hands. One of Mia's gifts came wrapped with colorful touches, so we turned them into a boa and a fierce headband. I truly can't wait until the next party.

2 comments:

Caren said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Chica! Wish we had been there it looks like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cutie Pie! Glad we could share it with you. Love the boa...wherever did you get it? :)